arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCSE, RHCE, IBM System X Server Certified
50085326

I have an LG 27UD68 - graphics is ok, but not getting any

Customer Question

I have an LG 27UD68 - graphics is ok, but not getting any sound.
Speakers are on and volume turned on up the device.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shahid_Sony replied 5 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. Please reply back when you're ready to proceed.
Thanks.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The monitor (a LG 27UD68) is connected to my computer via a HDMI cable. My computer says the device is there and appears to be playing sound to it, but I'm not hearing sound. My computer is running WiIndows 10.

Let me send this question to computer experts.

Thanks.

Have you tried to unplug monitor power cord from wall socket for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in and check sound?
If problem still persist then reboot/ restart the computer and check sound?

Please reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've done resets, restarts, power off, driver re-install, windows troubleshooting, and none of it has worked.
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 5 months ago.

Hello Tim, and thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com

.

I think a Remote Session would be the best help.

So i can see your screen, and troubleshoot from there, and fix the issue.

.

Are you okay with doing a remote session?

By the way, this monitor you have (LG 27UD68) does NOT have speakers built-in.

So, what speakers are you using?

You have to change the DEFAULT sound OUTPUT source, FROM HDMI, TO the standard audio output.

This is normally a Green port on the BACK or FRONT of the computer.

.

YOu mentioned you have Speakers ON, and volume up, but you did not mention what your DEFAULT sound device is......can you check?

Maybe take a screen shot?

Ultimately the Remote session would be best.

Let me know.

ON windows, you have a SOUND icon in the system tray (bottom right hand side of screen) it looks like a speaker, with the sound as curved lines.

.

R-click on that, and select PLAYBACK DEVICES.

.

Change the DEFAULT device to your standard sound output.....INSTEAD of HDMI output for sound.

.

If this monitor had speakers, then it would be HDMI sound....but because the this monitor does NOT have speakers, you have to connect a seperate set of speakers.

And then change the default sound to the STANDARD audio output. (its not called STANDARD, its normally called SPEAKERS, or High definition Audio Device.)

But again, a remote session will be so much better.

YOu there Tim?

Oh, and when you change the sound device, you need to have ALL sound being played to STOP BEFORE you change the device.

If you change the default playback device, WHILE there is an Audio stream going.......it wont work. It will STAY on the PREVIOUS device.

You have to STOP the sounds (whether its music, or a video, or whatever) FIRST, then change the playback device.....then you can resume the sound playback

Tim?

I know you have looked at my responses, as it tells me if the customer has viewed.

.

But your NOT responding back to me?

Whats the matter?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Firstly, this telling you the customer has viewed is false. Just means they left the window open. Doesn't mean they actually viewed anything.Your answers took so long to show that I had gone away. Also, it's so much f**king bullshit. I can here for answers, not recycled windows crap.

I was not the ORIGINAL expert.......and i responded, ONLY 7 minutes after YOU had posted a message.

So im not sure where all that is coming from?

YOu came here for answers, and to work with a VERIFIED expert in their field.

I had asked for a remote session......and when no response was received from YOU, I went ahead and did the best answer i could with the information i was provided.

.

And it took you 12 days to respond???

Im asking for IMMUNITY from YOUR rating, and Opting OUT.

I wish you the best of luck.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did you really think I was just sitting there waiting? Having no idea how long it would take to get a response? And yeah - 12 days is not unreasonable when you've been away on holiday. Be careful with your assumptions mate.
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 5 months ago.

Dear *****,

My name is ***** ***** of the expert in computer category. I would like to assist you with your issue and would be you next active expert..

I will be there for next 2hrs. Is it possible you to join during this time..

waiting for your reply

Thanks