Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Failed to load c:\programdata\nmkzvuf.data, running windows

Customer Question

failed to load c:\programdata\nmkzvuf.data, running windows 7
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible

Let me know when do you get this error message

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
after start up. after all programs are loaded
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

since when are you facing this error

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
its been about 5 days, been working to clean up garbage on the computer.
Another question, during install of windows 10, on dell inspiron receive error code 0x0000005, install was cancelled
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

ok what steps have you tried already?

did you try a system restore

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
none, didn't want to do system restore because did not want to reload the garbage
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

got it..lets run a system repair first

restart computer and as soon as it restarts tap the F8 key

in the advanced boot options menu select repair my computer option and then run a startup repair

once it completes check if error repeats or not and let me know

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
39;after the repair, same error message after startup with the following information in the error box, ' Make sure the binary is stored
at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary 0r dependent .DLL files. The Specified .""module could not be found."
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

Anthony i am sorry to say but you seem to have removed some of the windows system files which is .dll (dynamic link library) files or windows operating system.

We can give it a try to run a tool which might try to recover the deleted file however if not the the entire windows os needs to be reinstalled.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I inherited this computer. the windiws 7 has not been update since 2014, So i am thinking its better to reinstall . Would have to download current verision from Microsoft. In reinstalling would i lose any apps.? Could you please give me a step by step procedure
for reinstalling Win 7. Thank You.
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

Reinstalling windows os will remove all your files folder picture and installed apps and software's. Installing a fresh copy of windows will wipe off everything including your personal files so before you reinstall make sure you backup all your data on an external driver or on the secondary partition or on a different drive.

Let me know how you want to reinsall windows are you using a Windows genuine disk or an OEM disk provided by the computer manufacturer or from other source.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The computer is a Toshiba laptop with *****& 3GB Ram.
Plan to either download from Microsoft or buy the disk. What are the steps in reinstalling Win 7 home edition. Do i need to format the hard drive? Can i back up the apps or just the data? Please give me a step by step procedure
Thank You
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

As you are on the windows screen right now you can simply copy all your data and dont be in a hurry to reinstall till all the data is copied in an external drive.

I will give you step by step info how to reinstall a fresh copy of Windows 7 home edition.

Buy a disk from any computer store physical disk is very much needed to do a clean windows reinstall dont buy it online. Visit any computer store and get the Windows 7 home full installation disk.

Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

Step by step installation guide with windows 7 Home Premium dvd disk, click on the link below and follow steps with pictures.

http://windows7homepremium.windowsreinstall.com/windows7installguides/indexfullpage.htm

Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to

help you. Thank you.