Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Yesterday and today I tried to download windows 10. Both

Customer Question

yesterday and today I tried to download windows 10. Both times the windows 10 Upgrade Assiatant stopped at 99%. It has been updating since about 10 am an I left it on all day. it is now 11:30pm in the Cleveland Ohio Area. Why does it not finish?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Hi Joseph,

Before using the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant, perform these steps:

• set Windows 7 updates to "Never install updates".
  • Stop the update service by right clicking on the command prompt, and choose "Run as administrator".
  • Type "NET STOP WUAUSERV" (without the quotes). It should say: "Windows update service is stopping....windows update service is stopped."

After completing the above steps, start the Windows 10 Upgrade assistant, and it should complete

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.