Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  CISCO certified, Microsoft proficient, computing expert.
30970729

I am working with Adobe fillable forms. Currently I am able

Customer Question

I am working with Adobe fillable forms. Currently I am able to enter data in the fields manually, save the forms with the data, print them out etc... I want to be able to automatically (programatically) fill in the fields on the PDF form. My data source can be Excel (or CSV), or MySQL. Can you please let me know how I can accomplish this task?
I have several pages of fields that I want to populate on the PDF fillable forms.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi Sophia,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Did you have a question?

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for replying back to me. You were offline when I responded earlier.

You can populate the PDF fillable forms from Excel but there are two things you need to do in Excel for this to work:

1. The columns need to be named the same way as the field names in the PDF form.
You can either match the names that you are using in your PDF form, or you need to modify the field names in the PDF form so that they match the column names in Excel.
2. When you export your data file from Excel, you need to save it in the "Tab Delimited Text" format.

----------

Once you have your Tab Delimited Text file, open your PDF form, and select Tools>Forms>More Form Options and click on Import.

On the file dialog, select to import a text file, browse to your exported text file and select it. On the next screen you can then pick which record to import, you can only import one record at a time. This will fill the PDF form with the selected values.

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
Otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. How did things turn out for you?

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?