Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a hp compaq presario v2000 which originally was

Customer Question

I have a hp compaq presario v2000 which originally was installed with Windows xp. Recently I had it upgraded to win7. It worked fine a couple of weeks so there's nothing on it that if I lose it all will I care. As you may have guessed I'm in a bootmsg missing startup loop. I went online in my free time and tried just about everything under the sun to repair and it ain't happening. I am at www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows 7 to download a win 7 installation .I just want to clean it and start off fresh again before I have a mental breakdown and chunk it in a nearby lake. However I put in my prod key and it's been scrolling for a good ten minutes on my friends computer. First is this normal? Second is it okay just to use dvd-r Disc 4.7 g
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I see you made a windows 7 installation disc.

Specifically where did you get the Windows ISO file from to put on that disc?

And you said you have been waiting on your friends pc? Do you have a hard drive attached to your friends pc?

Also, if you chuck it in a lake, remove power to save the fish, its not their fault =)