Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Upgraded mu desktop to windows 10 about 2 months ago pages

Customer Question

upgraded mu desktop to windows 10 about 2 months ago pages keep freezing up. Have to unplug to get out of page the on off button doesn't close machine down or using the shift ctrl & delete. today it did it again and when I plugged my desk top back in my mouse wouldn't work. took out mouse chip and then reinserted it. still not working, bought new mouse and it doesn't work either. I am using an old laptop to message you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Has the windows 10 machine been stuck this way ever since the upgrade? Or did the windows 10 machine only start having issues a few days ago, a week, etc?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It started freezing up perhaps once a week then escalated to daily this last week.
then the mouse wouldn't worked today after I plugged the desktop power back on.
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Lets try this as a first step

Shut down the windows 10 computer, start it.. When it gets to the windows sign in screen, dont sign in.

Instead, left click the power button at the bottom right.

Then, hold down the shift key on your keyboard, and then click restart.

This should bring you to the blue screen menu.. Choose troubleshooting, advanced, and then choose system restore.

Once system restore loads, choose a restore point that was at least one day before this problem started and then carry out the system restore.

That should fix the issue, but if you get stuck or this doesnt work then please send a detailed reply and I will assist you further as needed.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
my mouse doesn't work. I cant get past the windows picture even to the sign in page
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

double tapping enter on the keyboard doesnt get you to the sign in page?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am now on the sign in page but no mouse to go to the lower page power button.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
letting the dog out be back in 1 minute
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

How many usb ports do you have on the front, and on the back of the desktop?

Lets try a corded USB mouse in each u sb port, wait about ten seconds then try to move the mouse.

Will any of your usb ports front or back work?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am back.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are u still there?
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Im here..

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have 5 usb ports and have no corded mouse only the wireless kind which I moved around to all the different ports even the mouse I just bought today. And I would be happy to have you access the desk top but cant open it up
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Neither of your mice' have cords? Thats the issue. Without windows running we cant install the drivers for the wireless mice to work.

Heres what I suggest, p urchase a cheap usb mouse from amazon http://amzn.to/2axY0Ng

Or, you can pay a bit extra and purchase a usb corded mouse from walmart / best buy / staples etc..

Once you have the USB mouse, we will have mouse control and be able to run some repairs and fix the windows 10 machine. Youre welcome to get back to me then~

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok will get a plug in mouse tomorrow and be back with you.
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Excellent, I will keep an eye out for your responses.

To get back to me, log back into justanswer.com, click my question at the top right, then click our question near the center of the screen that shows my picture.

Then, scroll down and reply!

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

.