Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

After rebooting my ASUS M32 Series desktop, mouse and

Customer Question

After rebooting my ASUS M32 Series desktop, mouse and keyboard input would not work. No cursor or keyboard response. What I did to troubleshoot:
- Hard shutdown and restart
- Swapped wireless m. & k. with wired ones
- Changed to other USB ports (including to front and back) with both sets of m. & k.No change.Next I reseated all cables, BIOS battery and memory card inside box. After that, neither of my dual monitors will receive any input. Blank.I suspect my motherboard is toast. Anything else I can tray?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Just from a simple restart?

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Have you tried connecting other USB devices to the ports to see if they work?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I inserted a USB light wand in all points and got light (so there is power in each port). I cannot test any other USB devices since I can't start the computer.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
to previous question. It occurred after a restart.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK, managed to talk ASUS support into helping me for an out-of-warranty machine. We and have confirmed the problem is very likely a defective motherboard. Please consider this issue closed unless you think you have a miracle solution up your sleeve. Sorry to trouble you.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

How old is the board?

Expert:  comp_audio replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** was wondering if your still needing assistance with your question on your motherboard?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
As I mentioned before, ASUS agrees the problem is very likely a failed motherboard. I have since confirmed this with other testing. Please consider this issue closed.

Thanks for your reply. And I was thinking something along those lines. Do you need assistance in getting there or how to proceed through their support system? Sometimes it can be cumbersome.

If not then click here to be taken to the page to arrange for a refund from JustAnswer.

Unless there is anything else I can do to assist you today then please follow the instructions at the link I gave to obtain your refund.

Should you ever need support from me in the future you can always click here to go to my page and send me your questions directly.

Thanks for your business my friend,

Matt B (comp_audio)