Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am trying to set up a local user account on our new

Customer Question

I am trying to set up a local user account on our new laptop. Trying to follow prompts, but no success. It keeps saying "something went wrong" etc.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you.

Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Just to clarify you are trying to set up a local/offline user account on windows 10 PC am i correct ?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am trying to create a local account for my husband to use our new Windows 10 PC, but he needs online access to the Internet.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

OK creating offline account like i mentioned above is same and will be able to access Internet using that account.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Great, that what I need.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Do you want me to access your computer and create one for you or can you do it if i give you the instructions?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just give me the steps to follow....
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Sure no problem are you currently chatting to me from the windows 10 PC ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

OK we will go step by step

First click on start then setting then click on Accounts

Let me know when you are in accounts window.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am in the Accounts window
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Good now click on Family & other users then click on add someone else to this PC under other users that will open another window in that enter the user name,password (twice) then hint for the password (in case he forgets) then click on next

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Okay, I'll try that again. It wants the NEW USER name for his account and the password ***** wants to use, correct? I've tried that twice and then get error messages. Trying again.....
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Yes it has to be new user name because if your system already has the same user name then it will show that message you mentioned.Please try it and let me know the result

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Getting the message "Something went wrong. Try again, or select Cancel to set up your device later." Something goofy is going on, so I'm cancelling, going to shut down and try again later. Any advice for later??
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 . Would that be making a difference of some kind?
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

No i believe either you are selecting incorrect option or you are not the admin of the PC.May i check it directly using remote support It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** AM the admin of the PC. Thanks for your help. Signing off and restarting....
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

One moment please restart and try once again,let me know if that fails we can try another method

Please bookmark this page, use that bookmark to open this page in case you need to restart the PC or you have accidentally closed this page, In case that doesn't work. Then you can get back to this page using the email send by just answer to your email address regarding this question. There is view answer option in the email click on that and you can open this page. You can also use the welcome email from justanswer to open this page too there is a check my answer option in it to open this page. That email also has you justanswer user name and password ***** login.

Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Ma'am checking to see whether you still need help regarding the user account creation.

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Note:-To reply back to me use the reply box below.