Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I have a new computer and am attempting to access the

Customer Question

I have a new computer and am attempting to access the Internet with my Netgear WNDR3400v2 router. It is asking for the 8 digit password ***** on the router. I cannot find it printed on the router. What next? It worked fine with my old computer, but was set up by a technician from the store where I bought the computer.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it asking for the network security key / password ***** PIN?

What is the model of your router device?

Do you also have a (old) laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Please try the following steps:

- Click on the website below:

http://www.routerlogin.net

, (if needed, use the website http://192.168.1.1 )

, then when prompted, enter admin for the user name and enter password for the password

, then there, check the Wireless option, then you will see the passphrase. That is your security network key / wireless / Wi-Fi password (it is case-sensitive.)

- (Note: If the new computer is asking for a PIN, then select the option to connect using a network / security instead or something similar, then enter the passphrase.)

- (If you do need the PIN, then log in the website above again, then click on the ADVANCED tab, then click on WPS Wizard, then click on PIN number there.)

- If there is still any issue, please answer my questions in my previous reply above, so I can troubleshoot the issue further.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

How is it going? It's been a few days. Do you still need help with this issue or with anything else?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,