Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

I had a problem printing so I contacted hp tech support on

Customer Question

I had a problem printing so I contacted hp tech support on 7/21/16 and now I have another problem. We had a power outage and now we can't bring up the icons on my screen. We had this problem on 7/21/16 and the person who was helping me took care of it but I don't know what he did so I can fix it. Please help me.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What version are you using? Windows 7.8.10 or a mac?

And are all the icons on your desktop missing?

If it is windows 8 and they are hidden, just click on the screen anywhere that it is blank. Right click, hover over view and show icons.

for windows 10, please follow this article below, step 2 is to show, step 3 is to hide:

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6994-desktop-icons-hide-show-windows-10-a.html

If you need further support, we will have to communicate more to understand exactly what it is you need.

and i will be more than happy to assist from there if further troubleshooting is needed.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin