Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

Please can I talk to someone - I would like to find out

Customer Question

Please can I talk to someone - I would like to find out about Google......right now google says my shop is closed - have been open for 25 years.....customer complaints and loss of business - can't find out how to address this with anyone at Google.
Please can someone call.
(###) ###-####
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello Judi and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. I am not able to call but would be happy to chat with you here if that will work for you? Are you referring to a Google search of your business?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

What is the name of your business?

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Also, is this a new business listing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Willowcreek Floral - Ridgway Colorado(###) ###-####
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Okay, I just checked and your site gives no indication it is closed. It very much looks open for business!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Then why do customer keep calling me that it ways that we are closed. They only persue me because they know I am still in Ridgway. They try to look up willowcreek Ridgway and it ways we are closed.???
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
my concern now is my new address that we are going to move to....how do you inform Google that you have a new address - where do they get that information as the phone number is ***** the same?
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

I just found what they are talking about. What they are see is the Google maps location indicating the business is closed. Give me a minute and I will see if I can correct it for you.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Is the current address*****

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I once was told by a "phone person" when I got a robo call from Google (I tried to tell them the problem) I was told that I was correct it said we were closed and probably a competitor gave them the information? I thought that was crazy and for $200.00 a month they would fix the problem.....Google is just too large a company.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

When will you be moving?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We moved from 251 Sherman 3 years ago August 30th. We are not at 631 Sherman but leaving on the30th of August. Our new address as of the 30th of August is 145 North Cora, Ridgway, Colorado 81432....phone numbers stay the same as does the web site.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Now at 631 Sherman - sorry tired fingers this afternoon!!
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Do you have a google account?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no what is that
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Like a gmail address that you use for email?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have aol and have for over 25 years I think I may have been one of the 1st
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Okay. Give me some time to see if I can work around this please. I will get back with you as soon as I can. Don't panic!!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I may have to send you a hug!!!!!
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

:-)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dan - I have an appointment in 15 minutes and will have to leave for DR. How does this work - will you continue to work on this and let me know tomorrow if you could fix the problem or not. I have confidence in you - I hope you can see the problem. Thanks in advance.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Not to worry. I think I have it somewhat corrected and will keep you updated as I go.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

I have updated the address information but it may take a few days to update on the google site. We will need to keep an eye on it to see when it finally corrects. I also submitted your new address so we will watch that as well.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you Dan - off to do a wedding, back this afternoon.Judi
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Sounds like fun!! I just checked and Google Maps is still showing your location closed. That is not uncommon as the update can take several days to correct... unfortunately! I will keep checking.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in Judi. I wanted to let you know there should be a card in the mail at your new address to verify the business location. Follow the instructions on the card and that should correct the closed business notice on Google Maps. Let me know how you come out.