Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My computer (Dell) and my HP 5642 printer is off line I was

Customer Question

My computer (Dell) and my HP 5642 printer is off line I was able to printer but now the computer and printer can not connect wireless I down loaded new install program shut down computer printer and wireless and still will not connect
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your HP? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Envy 5642 all in one printer and running windows 10
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: down load new install for printer shut down computer, printer, and wireless system restarted all first wireless motem, printer then computer in tat order and still would not connect When I first set up the printer and computer I was able to print with out any problem but I lost the connection and now can not connect to the printer
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I call the Dell computer support folks and they said it was not their problem it is hp issue
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Are you saying the computer cannot also connect to your wireless network?