Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

Have just loaded avg driver updater Dell Latitude E6500 and

Customer Question

Have just loaded avg driver updater for my Dell Latitude E6500 and they have adwnloadvised they have detected an out of date ControlVault firmware.They have advised I contact you to download the latest version # 00.6.089.0Please comment and advise.Malcolm Harrington***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there currently anything not working or not working well on your computer?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

It is not important to update the Dell ControlVault Firmware, but if you need to, you can download and install the the latest Dell ControlVault Firmware Update for your Dell Latitude E6500 laptop at the Dell website below:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=TJ9CD

, there, scroll down, then click on "Download File" to download and install the file CV_Setup_TJ9CD_A29_ZPE...

- Reference:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/latitude-e6500/drivers/advanced

; (there, click on Security option in order to see the Dell ControlVault items.)

- By the way, I don't recommend to use the AVG driver updated program nor any other driver program; you don't need it; usually, it does not work well, and it costs you. Besides, Dell already has the Dell System Software Utility software at the website below; you can use it to update your system drivers / software:

; there, click on System Utilities first, then click on Dell System Software Utility, and download / install it.

- If you have any further question, or if you have any computer problem, please let me know, so I can troubleshoot further.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have just finished updating 2 new products from AVG - "AVG Driver Update" and "AVG PC TuneUp"
At the completion, the following screen cameup:-
Dell ControlVault Host Components Installer - InstallShield Wizard
Installing Dell ControlVault Host Components Installer
The program features you selected are being installed
SYSTEM CHECK
Outdated ControlVault Firmware version detectedTo ensure full functionality of Dell ControlVault, it is strongly recommended to upgrade the ControlVault Firmware after this setup is finished.
The latest ControlVault Firmware version is available for download from http://support.dell.com
The current version 00.6.089.0I went into this website and was unable to locate the appropriate area from which I could select his upgrade.comment: my typing is slow and I think there may have been another comment from you. However this is where I am coming fromRegards ***** *****Have just read your further comments.It looks as though I may need to do nothing so fingers crossed.
Unfortunately have loaded the AVG software so will need to stick with it.Thanks

Thank you. Have you tried my suggestion in my last response above at this web page in order to download the latest Dell ControlVault Firmware?

- Or would you like me to connect remotely to your computer and help you directly?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks - will have a look at your suggestion tomorrow morning and see how I go.

You're welcome. OK, please take your time, and let me know the result any time; I will help further as needed. You can reply back to me any time. If I'm not available right away, please do not wait. I will always reply / email back to you whenever I'm back at my computer. Thank you,

How is it going? It's been a few days. Do you still need help with this issue or with anything else?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 3 months ago.

If you still need help with this issue and/or with any other computer question / issue, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,