Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

How do I upgrade my PC to Windows 10? I have a Dell computer

Customer Question

How do I upgrade my PC to Windows 10?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: I have a Dell computer and I'm using Windows 7.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None so far.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I'm just trying to upgrade by tonight so I don't have to pay later for it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

First off, please download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool using the following direct link:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

Save and open/run the file downloaded, and follow the on-screen prompts to upgrade to Windows 10 accordingly - the entire process will take a couple of hours to complete, after which you will be good to go.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) one of the five stars at the top of this page - this is the only way that I'll be credited for assisting you today. Thank you.