Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  10 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

My Dell Inspiron 11, 3000 Series 2-in-1 is about a year old.

Customer Question

My Dell Inspiron 11, 3000 Series 2-in-1 is about a year old. Recently it fell from my car's passenger seat to the floorboard. That small shock rendered it completely dead. pressing the ON switch does nothing, the small pilot light does not even light. Plugging in the Power Supply makes no difference. Any suggestions? --Nelson
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris. Sorry to hear about your issue.

It appears your PC has hardware failure in all likely the motherboard since you are not getting any power. Had you it turned on but not boot it could have been your hard drive. There is a possibility that hard drive maybe still functioning so if you have important data it could be retrieved. You can purchase a IDE/SATA to USB adapter. You would have to remove the hard drive from the PC and it could be plugged to another PC with the adapter. Then you can navigate through the file structure and copy the data.

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Converter-Activity-Support-USB-DSC5/dp/B000HJ99DI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1469649129&sr=8-2&keywords=ide%2Fsata+to+usb

As for the PC if still under warranty you can try going through Dell to get it replaced or fixed. As for anything you can do to fix it not really well hardware goes bad or is damaged the only fix is to replace it. Dell may offer a charge to fix if out of warranty as well.

I know this maybe not the exact answer you maybe looking for but the best I can provide you. Let me know if you have any further questions, please take the time to rate my service and submit at the top.