Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Three days ago, my fairly new HP Printer quit working (out

Customer Question

Three days ago, my fairly new HP Printer quit working (out of the blue). The monitor says it is not connected to the internet. I have internet and have verified that with Time Warner. I have just spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with HP. I am told that my computer is the problem; that the driver is broken. I am so frustrated. Can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your HP printer?

Does it show not connected to the internet on the computer's monitor / screen or on the printer's screen?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My MacBook model is A1342. The Printer shows that it is not connected. My MacBook is on the internet now. I am not able to print anything.

What's the model of your HP printer (not your Macbook computer)?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
HP Office Jet Pro 8610

Thank you. Is the printer wireless? Or is the printer connected to the computer with a USB printer cable?

- If the printer is wireless, on the printer's screen, when you press the Wireless / signal icon, then go to the Wireless menu / wireless settings -> Wireless Setup Wizard, are you able to connect it to your wireless / wi-fi network name? Is there any error or message?

Also, what did HP try, if any? Was there any error or message?

- If you put a document or photo faced down on the printer's glass, then press the Copy option / button, does it copy fine?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Hi!

I see that you requested a new answer from another expert -- Have you disconnected the printer from your router and reconnected it through the printer screen?