Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  10 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

I work at a healthcare facility. We have 3 computers

Customer Question

I work at a healthcare facility. We have 3 computers for monitoring telemetry. That's the only thing that is visible on the screens and you can't minimize them or exit them. You can click on the individual patient to look back at there rhythms and such. My question is: my iPhone was charging via one of these USB ports i accidentally hit allow on my iPhone but auto play never came up and the only thing showing on the monitor screens was the telemetry, is there anyway auto play was behind this screen and by clicking on the different patient functions on the telemetry Monitor be clicking auto play options and my pics got downloaded without knowing?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you with your question.

By the sound of what your saying I doubt it. Normally the IT dept. will set a group policy on all PC's that will not allow any kind of installation or external devices to be added to the PC. Your phone might have detected it was plugged into the PC but it is highly likely that your pictures were downloaded you would have to actually click on that function from Autoplay box.

I hope this answers your question or if you have any further let me know. Please take the time to rate my service and submit at the top.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
On or other comouters auto play will come up so they aren't blocked that's why I am worried. Is it possible that the auto play was behind the locked telemetry screen
Expert:  Cris replied 11 months ago.

I doubt want to say that is not possible. However you could unplug the phone and replug it in and it should re-prompt you on your phone.

I highly doubt that it would have copied pictures though that settings has to be turned on from control. The option must be set to download photos w/o prompting if this strictly patient information PC. That option should not be turned on.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
basically in order for it to have downloaded my pics the auto play would have been visible on the monitor and not hidden behind the telemetry application, even though it's locked so we can't navigate from the tele app,?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also, It would not be possible for auto play to be behind the locked telemetry application and by clicking the telemetry functions inadvertently be clicking the hidden auto play options?
Expert:  Cris replied 11 months ago.

The option to download pictures would have needed to been selected from the autoplay box, yes. On this PC autoplay box might have been disabled so it does not come up at all.

Most PC's restricted to do one function will disable everything evening adding any devices to appear on the PC. Had you inadvertently clicked on something to hide the box. The first autoplay option by default is to usually open folder and download pictures is further on the list. So for it to download pictures inadvertently are very slim.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
auto play could not have been hidden behind the locked telemetry screen?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Cris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, sorry for the late reply. There was an issue not letting me reply.

I do not want to say that is not impossible but highly possible because of the high security the PC has. However if you unplug the phone it stops any process and plugging it back in would prompt you again.

Expert:  Cris replied 11 months ago.
Hi, sorry for the late reply. There was an issue not letting me reply. I do not want to say that is not impossible but highly possible because of the high security the PC has. However if you unplug the phone it stops any process and plugging it back in would prompt you again.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Your answer is confusing me? So if auto play is not visible, if it was behind the screen, it wouldn't have been active therefore I'd been unable to download the pics? Correct
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
See I just have pictures of my children on there and it scares me to think other people I do not know would have access to them.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Plus I have a few embarrassing pics of myself that I'd prefer to keep out of the work environment
Expert:  Cris replied 11 months ago.

What I am saying "if" some how the box was behind the program screen. It would not auto download your pictures because that option would have to be selected from the auto play box. That is not the first selection on the list.

I hope this helps.