GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I have juno email and a large email has clogged up Outlook.

Customer Question

I have juno email and a large email has clogged up Outlook. I can't get it to open, delete, or anything!
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: 2-3 weeks. Sometimes it will send something, but this has stayed and I always get a message when I close out of Outlook that it is trying to send it.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: A friend who is a computer pro couldn't get it off
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Is there a charge?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Computer Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: do they tell you how much up front?
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Please go to www.juno.com and sign in to your email. From there you should be able to view and respond, then delete any emails with large attachments that may be causing problems.

Give this a try and let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
when I go to www.juno.com only your three emails show up. I think these are in an outbox somewhere but I don't know where to find them on juno.comThey are in Outlook in the outbox right now
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for clarifying that. I didn't realize that these were emails that you were trying to send. I thought they were incoming emails that were being sent to you. Have you tried simply deleting them from the outbox in Outlook?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
deleting them and moving them. It just tells me that Outlook has started processing them and doesn't do anything
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Would you be willing to allow me to connect remotely to fix this for you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do I have to pay more? This was my original question (just misunderstood) and I have already paid $36
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

No you don't have to pay more. It's completely optional. I realize that you have spent a lot of money already, so I offered the service for $19 rather than the normal $39, but if you'd rather not do that, please let me know what version of Outlook you have so I can provide specific instructions for your version stopping the send/receive process so you can delete the emails.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Microsoft Outlook version 2007
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for that information. I may have a very simple solution for you. Are you connected to the internet via wifi or ethernet? If ethernet, please disconnect the ethernet cable. Close Outlook and reopen. Outlook should realize that it is offline and not even try to send the email, so you should be able to delete it. If you're not connected via ethernet, you could simply unplug your wireless router for a few minutes to allow you to delete the emails. It’s decidedly low-tech, and I can think of a few other ways to accomplish the same thing, but ultimately it’s simple and fast and achieves the desired results. Please give this a try and let me know the results. Thanks!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to help.