Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design

Is it necessary to shut down your computer couple of nights

Customer Question

Is it necessary to shut down your computer for a couple of nights for word to function properly or is just rebooting a couple times a month okay.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Breland replied 2 months ago.

Hello Debbie,

My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today.

It is not normal for computers/servers to be shutdown that frequently. Restarts may be required once a month but that is usually the shortest interval and is done for preventative maintenance.

Expert:  Breland replied 2 months ago.

No damage will be done to the computer if it is not restarted. Typically, computers are restarted to install updates but that should be on a set schedule and managed by your work's IT personnel.

Expert:  Breland replied 2 months ago.

If I have answered your questions, please kindly rate my service. If not, please let me know if you have any further questions or would like any clarification and I will be happy to assist. Thanks!

Expert:  Breland replied 2 months ago.

Hello Martin. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today.

Have you tried powering the laptop on while connected to the AC charger?

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 2 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.