Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I backed up my iPhone 5S To surface pro 4. I did a complete

Customer Question

I backed up my iPhone 5S To surface pro 4 . I did a complete reset and then I was going to get my backup put back on phone. I have windows 10 and there is a known issue that the new iTunes update and windows 10 is not working well together and this wont let you se the phone icon. I spent all day at apple yesterday and they were no help. I would love to get my backup correct and resolve this issue
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

yes

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

are you still here

Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

Yes sorry

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

ok

Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

would need remote assistance to see why Windows 10 can't see your phone

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please release my question to another expert
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi George! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. There may be a much easier way to restore your contacts, photos, and other data to your phone. If you had iCloud turned on (which is the default), then your information should be available to you at www.icloud.com. Please click that link and login in with your apple id (usually your email address) and your password. Once you've logged in please click on the folders to see what is in each one.

If your data is there, then all you need to do to have it flow back to your phone, is to setup your phone with the same email Apple account that it had before and then tap settings and icloud. Make sure all options are selected under icloud and that you are connected to a wifi network. It may take a bit, but all the information from the cloud will eventually flow to your phone.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

You can get all of your apps music back by going to the APP store and tapping on update at the bottom of the screen. Next tap the right arrow next to PURCHASES and tap MY PURCHASES. Tap NOT ON THIS PHONE and tap the cloud beside each app that you'd like to install.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem., would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to assist you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for your response. I understand the process that you are talking about . My problem with this is my wife got me a new phone and it's a 6splus . My other phone was a iPhone 5 . We kept both phones active with the 5 keeping the same number so I could make sure everyone had my new number . I had the 5 backed up to my computer because of all the pictures . The 6 plus I just kept it the way it was. The guy who assisted her put her Apple ID in the phone and we are just now finding this out . The cloud was turned off . I put my ID back in and nothing was in my cloud for this phone . I knew I had backed up on my computer through iTunes . I connected to my computer and I seen the backups and I seen my phone icon . I also knew that I could get my songs back on here that were in my iTunes and stored songs. I did a total restore on my phone . During this a pop up said that a new iTunes update is available nf it was a 12.2.4 and also a iOS update 9.3.3. Windows 10 was added about a month ago. I hooked phone back to computer so I coiuld restore the back up and computer does not recoginize my phone . I tried and tried different cords . I tried other phones . We went to
Apple and no help . It seems to be a know issue that Windows 10 and iTunes don't agree. Apple was wanting me to tell them my resolve . I've signed in with different computers . Some people have found answer through Devise manager and updating drivers . I tried my new phone and it would not show . Thanks
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

I'm terribly sorry that you are having such difficulty. I will send you an offer for Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you. Just let me know your preferences. If you do wish to have a remote session please let me know a time that you will be available and I will do my best to be available for you. Be sure to indicate your time zone when you provide a good time. I am in Central Time.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I'm in eastern time zone . I'm off on Fridays so if that day will work I'll try to give you time . I've been doing a lot of research and it does seem that it's leading toward Windows 10 and ITunes not working together . I hooked my phones into my other computer and it has Windows 7 and old iTunes that hadn't been upgraded to 9.4 . Both phones were showing icon on iTunes
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Friday will be fine. I have an iPhone and Windows 10 myself so I will start working on a solution or workaround.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I have some time if you do for you to look

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I will try tomorrow

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Thank you. I'm sorry. I work a FLEX schedule and I was off this afternoon. I will opt out so you can have the next available expert help you the next time that you are online.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 4 months ago.

Do you still need help with this ?