Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance

I'm trying to make the font size bigger in Quicken 2016,

Customer Question

I'm trying to make the font size bigger in Quicken 2016
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Since I change my 0S to Office, whatever the newest version is called
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The Quicken (Intuit) website. Also googled. Your site was the first after a page of Intuit entries
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. As I don't know, what you have tried so far and which font you want to change, I am giving you two methods below, please try them out. Let me know if you need any further help otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

To change font size:

Select Edit < Preferences...< Register to the right you will see Register Appearance and in this box you will have the option for font size. Please note this will change the font size of the register itself but will not change the font size of the accounts list to the left of the register.

As it looks like this bug only happens with TruType fonts. Since most windows fonts are TruType, that can be a problem, but there are a few old-style windows fonts available that you can use for a workaround. The System font is a good choice. To use this workaround, do the following:

1. Select Preferences from the Edit menu. This will bring up the preference dialog.
  2. On the right side of the preferences dialog (where it says select preference type), click on Register (click directly on the word Register, not on the sub-categories below). This should show the register preferences on the right side, including the font to use for the register.
  3. Click on the Font... button to bring up the Choose Register Font dialog.
  4. Scroll down until you see the word "System", select System as the font and click OK.

It might take a moment for the app to reset, but this should get rid of the monster font on Windows 8.1 problem.