Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have to shiva satellite m645-s4114 and the wifi stopped

Customer Question

I have to shiva satellite m645-s4114 and the wifi stopped working. The computer indicates that wifi is turned off and I can't get it back on
JA: Have you tried unplugging your router for about ten seconds? And what about other devices? Do they have connectivity?
Customer: I have connectivity but for the laptop . Let me try unplugging the router
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have pressed FN key and the wifi setting icon popped up band I clicked on it but nothing happened
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 4 months ago.

it should be the F8 button

and it should toggle it on and off.

you might also want to check that it is not in airplane mode

you can usually see that when you click on the wifi icon on the bottom right near the clock

If you have an ethernet cable and can connect it to the router that way you can get to the internet and i can log in remotely to look at it for you.