IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional

Corel WordPerfect X8. There is NO line spacing under format.

Customer Question

Corel WordPerfect X8. There is NO line spacing under format. It is not there at all. Period!
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I downloaded WordPerfect X8 about four weeks ago. It wasn't there. I looked for it. I looked a whole bunch of times. There is still - no line spacing feature under format. I found out you can use the paragraph spacing - if the paragraph is ONE LINE. The default. Then you can tie the keystrokes to a Macro & it works just like line spacing. There is NO line spacing on my copy of WordPerfect X8.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: How can you trouble shoot something that isn't there?
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No. It's just this line spacing problem. What a pain-in-the-butt. I called WordPerfect help line & had no luck there. I'd get a better response if I went out in the street & talked to a tree - than to WordPerfect.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 months ago.

it should be under format / line / height

or format / line / spacing

but if you say that it is not there i believe you they may have changed it in X8 They prefer to use paragraph styles to change things like that. As in you select the paragraph style that has the line spacing that you want and modify the font there if necessary.

I can try to do a little bit more research for you if you like or i can log in remotely and work on it with you if you want to pay a little bit more. I havent got a copy of that version loaded on my computer at the moment or i could try it myself and see how it works.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

Since it seems you still require assistance with the "line spacing" problem, and none of the Experts have provided a helpful answer, let me explain what has most likely happened and how to fix it.

WordPerfect comes with several different menus you can use. That allows you to change or customize the menus if you don't like the default one. You can also switch to a Microsoft Word style menu. So, it looks like you have accidentally changed to another menu, which would explain why you don't see the Line Spacing appeared under Format > Line > Spacing...

To fix the problem, you need to select the default WordPerfect menu. Here are the instructions on how to do that:

1. Start WordPerfect
2. Click on Tools and then Settings...
3. On the Settings window, click on Customize
4. Click on the Menus tab
5. You will see the menu that is currently active. The default menu for WordPerfect 8 is the one called <WordPerfect 8 Menu>. Click on it and then click on the Select button on the right
6. Now click Close twice to exit the windows. Since the default menu has now been loaded, you should be able to access the line spacing by clicking on Format > Line > Spacing...

In case you still don't see it, you can load another menu, such as <WordPerfect Menu> or you can reset the menu to default settings. Do that by clicking on the name of the menu and then click on the Reset button.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.