Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a lenovov thinkpad twist s230u and im trying to

Customer Question

i have a lenovov thinkpad twist s230u and im trying to factory retore it because i forgot my windows pw and it doesnt give me a option to reset pw and ive tried the f11 key and that doesnt work
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your ThinkPad?
Customer: s230u
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: using f11 and nothing
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: thank u
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm sorry to have to report that there is no way to reset a Windows password, except one that you set up in advance of needing to reset it.

But - *if* your Administrator password ***** been neither disabled (which is common in Windows versions of recent release) nor set to any specific value yet, you may be able to log in as Administrator and then change your main account's password ***** there.

So with that in mind, I need to ask: What Windows version is on your Lenovo Thinkpad Twist, please?

And have you ever set an Administrator password ***** the Thinkpad in question, before this time?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i did but how do i log into the administrator? because i have no clue what the heck i did that i only can see my log in

Good so far.

The procedure varies according to what Windows version you have on the laptop. Please tell me what that is?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
windows 8 pro

Thank you for the info... I am researching so as to be able to give you the best information... one minute or two please... thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hello

Another question please: do you have any other account that you know the password ***** on this laptop?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I don't I've tried them all and nothing

There may be a way to access the settings on the laptop by booting up from a bootable CD of a certain sort.

But I do not know how to do that by experience.

I should promptly Opt Out of this case, owing to not having the answer you need. I have done so, with apologies...

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time. Thank you for your patience.)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I paid $39 for nothing in reporting this as fraud!!! How are you an expert and can't help I will be reporting this to the better business associates
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you. Let me know if the original problem is still there.

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I want to factory reset my think pad because I can't get into my account I lost my pw
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for confirming! You don't need to reset your computer to factory defaults if you forgot the password ***** there are several ways to reset the password. I see you wrote you were using Windows 8.

Please tell me how many user accounts you see on the logon screen. Also, does it say a simple user name, or you see your Microsoft account (e-mail address)?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
One account and it says user name and pw no email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

OK.

If you have tried every password ***** could think of, and it hasn't worked, there is a way of resetting that user account password, but it will require you to use another computer with Internet access since you need to download a password ***** program and burn it onto a CD, which you then need to insert into your ThinkPad computer and boot from it in order to reset the user account password *****

Will you be able to do that? If so, I can provide the thorough instructions on how to proceed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How am I going to do that if this is the only computer I have???
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Are you able to access another computer, such as your friend's or neighbor's, just to create a password ***** CD?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Listen if I have to I'll factory reset the whole thing
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Factory reset is a last resort.

Another way would be to use a Windows disc. Do you happen to have a Windows 8 installation or repair disc?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I downloade program that resets window login and it didn't work
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

What is the name of the program you downloaded, and do you have a Windows 8 installation or repair disc?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Listen can u just help me to a factory reset I don't have time for this I have to go to work
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

OK, but you do understand that the factory reset will uninstall all installed programs and will delete everything on the computer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I know
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

OK, hold on while I prepare the instructions for the factory reset.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello?? I did state that I needed to go to work?? If what you are doing is googling the answer I could haven't that myself what is the hold up?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

If you can wait a few more minutes, the answer will be ready for you. I don't have the answer saved on my computer, so I need to type it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It takes you this long to type a few lines? The answer isn't that long there is a couple of keys to press like I stated I wasted my money on a person to google the answer?? I have to go to work!!!!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Can you wait 3 more minutes?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I can't I have to freaking go to work!!!! I've told you this numerous times
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

No problem. I will opt-out and won't be able to continue helping you with this problem any more.

Regards,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for nothing you f**king fraud I will be report Bing this fake f**king FRAUD site all ya do is google shit and act like ya are experts I will be reports this f**king bullshit

Hold down Shift and click Restart; or press the Power button, then press F8 repeatedly1.

Boot into Safe Mode. It has an option to Repair or reinstall Windows, or reset it to factory settings... I think. Certainly the first two.

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

First, let me say this. When you get done with work tonight Id be happy to speak to you over the phone, or continue working with you via written support.

I dont need to google anything, and Im aware of two distinct methods that will allow you to reset the password ***** wiping your machine.

So the question is, do you want to continue? If you do, please send a reply when you can and Id be happy to help you when you get off work tonight. ( Though I will be gone for the weekend )

Or, if you do not want to continue then you will definitely want to use the link below.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Hello again, I never heard back from you since you viewed my last response.

Did you still need help with this issue?

Dustin S.