Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I have windows 8 and somehow I accidentally refreshed my

Customer Question

i have windows 8 and somehow I accidentally refreshed my laptop and lost important apps. I have one very important program that I use for work. Can it be retrieved?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Hi!

If there is a restore date before this issue then you can restore back to that point. If there isn't a restore point before the issue then there is nothing that can be done.

To check for the restore point:

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)
  2. Enter Control Panel in the search box, and tap or click Control Panel.
  3. Enter Recovery in the Control Panel search box, and then tap or click Recovery.
  4. Tap or click Open System Restore, and then follow the instructions.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.