Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I have Elements 12.0 and most of my photos have a yellow

Customer Question

I have Elements 12.0 and most of my photos have a yellow check mark in the upper left corner. Apparently this means I am missing files. I tried File>Reconnect>All missing files but there was no improvement.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

My name is ***** ***** will be helping you today.

Do you have any of your picture files on any external hard drives?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
In addition to my I Mac I have my photos on my Apple iPod touch.

Okay, just so i understand......your iMac is where you have Elements 12.....correct?

And the images are captured using......an iPod touch? Or do you ALSO use a camera that you attach or insert the media card into the iMac?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Elements 12 is on my main computer the I Mac. I also just recently put all of my photos on my iPod Touch.
And yes I add new photos to my Mac by downloading them from my Nikon camera.

okay....got it.......all your images were captured using the Nikon.....you just COPIED them to the iPod touch. Understood

.

After you download the images from the Nikon to the iMac.....do you DELETE them from the Nikon? Or are you using a memory card that you change? I ask, because its possible that if the images on the iMac are corrupted or missing info, then you will have to REcopy them from the source......or from a Backup.

When trying to accept your Request the payment failed.

"Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation"

You can try to contact customer support too, but they will most likely email you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have 15,000 photos on my Mac. And yes once they are on transferred to the Mac I Delete them from the Nikon. The photos are on my Mac hard drive and on my iPod touch but for some reason some are missing in my Elements 12 software.

Alrighty.....so does the iPod touch ALSO have the same issue? Or do all 15k images work fine?

Or did you notice this issue when you were transferring the images to the iPod touch?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The last time I looked at the iPod the photos looked fine. I also just checked my Mac hard drive and the photos look fine there as well. I transferred the photos to my iPod a couple of weeks ago. I think I noticed the problem only after transferring the photos to my iPod.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not all of the Elements 12 photos have the yellow check mark by a large number of them do.

Can you connect the iPod to the iMac, and restart Elements............does the issue go away?

could be possible that some of the images were MOVED, instead of copied.

But......selecting the images on the iPod, that are broken on the iMac, and transfer them back......might b how you HAVE to do it.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just connected my iPod to the iMac and will open Elements and check to see if the problem has been corrected and let you know in a minute or so.

okay......my dinner has just arrived.....can we take a pause for about 15 minutes

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Call me back on the number I gave you when you are ready to start again.
(###) ###-####
Like I said all of my photos were down loaded to the iPod at the same time and all look like they are in good shape there. Only some of the photos in Elements 12 seem to be missing not all of them moreover all the photos are on my mac hard drive and look fine.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Its been well over an hour since you left not 15 minutes. I am terminating this discussion. I am not happy with your expertise and do not plan on paying for this service. If you want to continue like I said you can call me but for now I am signing off.

Sorry for the delay......but I just got back, had to take an emergency customer.

.

I cant call you as the request for additional service failed.

When trying to accept your Request for a phone call the payment failed.

.

If you would liek to continue, please let me know.

you stated:

"I just connected my iPod to the iMac and will open Elements and check to see if the problem has been corrected and let you know in a minute or so."

I never heard back about this?

.

Are you able to copy BACK the images FROM the iPod to the iMac, for the images that are MISSING?

Since the iPod images are fine, only the images on the iMac are missing......copying back the images shoudl solve the issue.