Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design
50064670

How can I disable the printer notification in windows 7

Customer Question

How can I disable the printer notification in windows 7 professional, I did the follow steps but still the printer prompt shows:
1. Click the Start. button
2. Click Printers and Faxes or Settings then Printers and Faxes depending on which start menu you are using.
3. Click the File menu in the Printer and Faxes window.
4. Click Server Properties.
5. Click the Advanced tab in the Print Server Properties window.
6. Uncheck Show informational notifications for local printers to disable notification messages for printers directly connected to the computer.
7. Uncheck Show informational notifications for network printers to disable notification messages for printers that are shared on the network.
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 4 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

What's the make and model of your printer?

May I connect with you remotely to check the printer screen you are getting now?

Please reply back using the Reply box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Epson TM88V
Expert:  Barun replied 4 months ago.

OK. Please ignore any remote assistance offer if it shows up anytime on this page; it's sent out automatically by our site, and not by me. Can we go ahead with a quick remote session (for NO extra charge), so I can check the screen you getting?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am not connect to that computer now
Expert:  Barun replied 4 months ago.

I see, no issues. Just to clarify, does that printer prompt show up as "Epson Status Monitor", or is it something else?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am not using that computer to communicate with you
Expert:  Barun replied 4 months ago.

No issues, we will troubleshoot the issue on this page for now. Just to clarify, does that printer prompt show up as "Epson Status Monitor", or is it something else? For example, does it printer prompt show that the printer is printing, or does it show ink levels, or something else?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No is just the regular question to say yes to print the page
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The printer is working fine, it just that when ever I sent to print a receive I get the printer notification that I sent something to print and with time you get tire of the same question so I will like to disable the printer notification
Expert:  Barun replied 4 months ago.

I see, thank you for the clarification.

Please do this now:

Go to Start > Devices and Printers, and then right-click on the Epson printer, and select "Printing Preferences".

In that window, do you see a "Maintenance" tab at the top?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Give a few minutes I have to walk up to where the computers are
Expert:  Barun replied 4 months ago.

Oh, okay - in that case, please wait.

Expert:  Barun replied 4 months ago.

I'll provide you with a shortened remote link to open up on that computer now; please stand by.

Expert:  Barun replied 4 months ago.

OK; Please open up the following remote link on that computer's browser now:

www.tinyurl.com/epsonJA1

On the page that opens up, click on "I Agree".

Follow the on-screen prompts to download and OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" remote file, and we will be connected.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't see Maintenance, the taps I see are: Form Ports Drivers Security Advances
Expert:  Barun replied 4 months ago.

OK. Could you let me know if you received my above couple of replies as well?

Expert:  Barun replied 4 months ago.

Connected now; thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 4 months ago.

Let me open up your question to our other experts who can assist you with your follow up issues; you will be automatically notified by email when another expert picks this up. Please do NOT rate until you are done with our service; thank you.

Expert:  Kevin T replied 4 months ago.

I could connect and look.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Since I couldn't get an answer o my first question my second one is: how can I code in access to open the cash drawer without using the printer? Hope to get some that could help me this time please
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I remote into your system and resolve this for you?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I still will like an answer
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
please remote into my system
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you still available?

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 74 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
why we got disconnected?

I am sorry for the confusion. I explained that what you want is not possible. I asked you to come back to the page and explained that I would disconnect.

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 4 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

If you click the show hidden icons triangle on the taskbar, then click customize, you should see a little printer icon labeled Windows Explorer. Chang the drop down box next to it to "Hide Icon and Notifications".

If it not helps, can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello Jins, sorry for the delay but I was in the road. I tried everything including "Hide Icon and Notifications" and still the windows notification for the printer still pop up, I moved up two my next solution.
Thanks

It is okay, your second question opening the cash drawer without using the printer is related with the Point Of Sale system you are using. Can you please give the details of your POS ?

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My POS is using Epson TM8V and the cash register is an APG series 100. But I already know that I need to create a module in access to open the cash drawer which I did already and when I tested the module works but I don't know how to make the module run in access. Module don't run I need to create procedure and I am not to sure how to do it
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please just forget about my comments I was able to create a macro to run the module to open the cash drawer
Thanks anyway