Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I have a lenovo Touchpad L412 with 4GB of memory 2x2GB. Yet

Customer Question

I have a lenovo Touchpad L412 with 4GB of memory 2x2GB . Yet in window 7 64 bit I only show 1GB in control panel. Consequently I am not able to upgrade to Windows 10. Can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

That is quite odd. If you look in the BIOS of the computer, how much memory does it show that you have? You can access the bios by pressing the F2, F10, or Del key when you first turn the computer on.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Shows 4GB

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no thanks I am not doing that! Perhaps I should discontinue this chat I donot want to be upsold continuously.

The remote will not be an extra fee. The website may have thrown an offer at you, but you can ignore it. I cannot control that.

- Hold down the two following keys at the same time: Windows key and the letter R
- In the box that comes up, type: msconfig
- Click the Ok button.

- Click the Boot tab.

- Click the Advanced button.

- Is the Maximum memory option chosen? If it is, uncheck that, click OK, click Ok again, reboot and all should be fixed.

I will be awaiting your response.