Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Over 10 years of professional experience.

How can i run visio 32 (service pack 3) on windows 10?

Customer Question

how can i run visio 32 for XP (service pack 3) on windows 10?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

When you attempt to run it on Windows 10 now, what occurs?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,

Let's try running it in compatibility mode.

- Right click the shortcut that you double click to open Visio and choose Properties.

- Click the Compatibility tab.

- Put a check in the top checkbox and choose "Windows XP ( Service Pack 3 ) from the pull down menu.

- Click APPLY > OK.

- Double click the same shortcut to test. Did it open for you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Actually the Visio 32 was on my old Windows 7 computer (updated from Vista). When I updated to Windows 10, I have been unable to open it. I tried the compatability mode for Vista, Windows 7 and Service Pack 2 and 3. When I do the compatibility for Windows 7, you can see the little timer working, but it doesn't open. When I used Windows 95, it actually opened a box saying did I want to change the application (or something similar), but when I click yes, the box disappears and nothing opens.

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

There is one extra charge for the remote session because it takes more time. It looks like your credit card company has blocked payment. You will need to contact them and request that they remove the block. Once they do that, please click the Accept this offer button once more.