Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Can't get wires display to LG 47LW5600 TV from Inspiron 15R

Customer Question

Can't get wires display to LG 47LW5600 TV from Inspiron 15R 5521 upgraded to windows 10 using Netgear PTV 3000 Push2TV adapter.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

How are you connecting the tv to the computer and with which cable?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No cable. As I indicated in my question, I am trying to establish wireless connection from my laptop to my TV.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you send me instructions?
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

let me know have you installed any software for the netgear PTV on your inspiron

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Netgear PTV is connected to a HDMI input on my TV. It was my understanding is that was all that was required.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My computer was recently upgraded from Windows 8/8.1 to 10. Is that part of the problem?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Michelle, are you there?
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

My apology for the delay.

Follow the steps carefully and it will definitely work.

Unplug and replug the Netgear PTV 3000 to the Tv using the hdmi cable and then power on the tv and the Netgear PTV 3000 and select the correct input selected on the tv.

Now push and hold down the button at the side on the Netgear PTV 3000 for 10 seconds it will start to search for the latest firmware and download it which you can see on the tv screen.

Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

open www.support.netgear.com/product/ptv300

Under downloads click the newest firmware download

Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK, give me a couple of minutes to do that.
I did all that but still no wireless connection.
On the TV there are instructions to make the connection. The instructions are for Windows 7 and 8, but not for Windows 10.
What do I do now?
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

Instruction are same as windows 8.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The instructions say to search for WIDI but I no longer get WIDI response. Was that deleted by the Windows 10 upgrade? If so, how do I get it back?
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

WIDI is the wireless driver for Netgear, let me give you a download link to download and install it on your computer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Attempted to install Intel WIDI update 4.2.21.0 from the Netgear link you sent but got response that it is not compatible with Windows 10.
Also attempted to install Netgear firmare 2.4.53 but could not open .sbin file.
What do I do now?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Intel link on their Media Share states that their Media Share is "Built for Windows 10" but immediately below states that it is ".not currently available".
What now?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Michelle, are you still on?
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

let me know what time you would be online and available i will walk you through.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Michelle,
While I certainly appreciate your attempt to help me resolve the WIDI problem, none of you suggestions worked.
However, I kept trying other solutions and was finally able to connect my computer to my TV wirelessly. It was actually very simple. I clicked on the notification icon on my systray and then clicked on “Connect”. That showed the Netgear PTV 3000 adapter which proceded to make the connection to the TV.
I have to ask, since I was able to solve the problem on my own, will I still be charged the $42.00 for your attempted solution?
Thank you.
Jorge
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for letting me know.

I have forwarded your request to our customer service team