Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

I was trying to log on to reset my password and receive a

Customer Question

I was trying to log on to reset my password ***** receive a message not to turn my
computer off and i should call this number 1(###) ###-####and a Jason answered i think this is a fraud type call would some one let me know if I was right.
John Beaman
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. That is certainly a scam. Please do not call that number, and do not follow any instruction it. Please shut down / restart the computer now, and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Note: If it does not let you shut down the computer, then press and hold the power on / off button on the computer for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on. Then open Internet and check. (Don't select the option to restore if prompted.)

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,