technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years experience. B.S. Computer Science
65369237

I am working with a Windows 10 machine at home and Windows 7

Customer Question

I am working with a Windows 10 machine at home and Windows 7 enterprise Machine in a different location. I often use Teamviewer to connect and display the W7 screens on my W10 screens. Occasionally, moving my mouse on my W10 Machine seems to Grab all the desktops and move them left and right on the W7. When this happens a number of small white dots appears at the bottom of the screen leading me to believe tthat there is some sore of Virtual Screen action happening. This happens not only on the W7 machine but it occasionally even happens on the W10 machine.
I've searched in the Windows 10 context, Windows 7 Context and Teamviewer context. I cannot find reference to this anywhere on the web.
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Can you send a screen capture of this problem?

Also, what do you mean by "screens"? You mention two computers at first. Are there more computers you connect to at the same time, or just one?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for the speedy response. Screen Capture attached. Please note the white dots at the bottom of the screen on the captured image...I highlighted them in a red square. This particular reproduction was by dragging an icon from one screen to another. When I dragged the icon from one screen to another then back again, all the icons on the original screen flew off screen and the white dots appeared. I was able to get all the icons back in place by dragging the single icon back again to the second screen...this is when I stopped and completed the screen capture. Please note that this reproduction (and subsequent screen capture) happened on the W7 enterprise machine that I was accessing through teamviewer.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that I was access through TeamViewer from the W10 Machine

Not really sure on your exactly setup. Please tell me the following:

1) Are you connection from just ONE computer , to ONE other computer at a time with teamviewer?

2) How many MONITORS are attached to the computers you are connecting to or from? One per computer, or more than one monitor per computer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
1) Yes connecting from one W10 Machine to one W7-Ent Machine using TeamViewer
2) 3 on the W10 Machine (one - Laptop, 2 external). 3 on the W7 Machine (all three External)

Are you trying to duplicate the monitor setup , and have the 3 monitors on the remote computer, show up with the 3 monitors on your computer? If so, have you tried View -> Active Monitors -> Show All Monitors ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Yup, that's exactly what I am trying to do...One monitor on my-computer corresponding to one monitor on the remote.
Yes the "View->Active Monitors-> show all Monitors" does work and will show all the monitors on one TeamViewer window.

A better way if you are trying to use more than one monitor on the connecting computer may be to select "Pop Monitors out as individual windows" With this you can drag each screen to any of your monitors, and then full screen them. I believe one of these two methods may solve the problem you are having. If not, let me know what you tried and what happened.

**************

Please don't forget to rate my time and help to you before you go. If you need any further assistance, please just reply to this conversation. Thank You.

**************

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
In fact, that is the method I use; each Pop-out Teamviewer window gets assigned to one Local Machine monitor. I switch between using them full screen and not-full screen, but never noticed any correlation between this problem and either state (all full-screen/all Not-full screen) I will try various combinations of these states and let you know...Thanks

You are using this method , but you are getting the dots, and have more than one "screenful" of desktop space per monitor? If so, I would suspect a resolution issue with either the local , or more than likely the computer you are connecting with. This article describes things a bit more.

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-get-the-best-experience-from-teamviewer-1585428616

Basically, you need to be able to get your monitors "duplicated" properly, and with remote desktop apps like teamviewer, this usually comes down to matching or scaling resolution.

**************

**************