Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I need a manual photosmart D7100 Printer. thanks.

Customer Question

I need a manual for hp photosmart D7100 Printer. thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 4 months ago.

Hello Jay, and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

Please allow just a minute or 2 to locate, and reply back.

Please Stand-by

Here is the User guide for the HP PhotoSmart D7100

http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00739568.pdf

Still looking for any Technician Manuals.

Keep in mind some parts do NOT get manuals, as they come from factory with parts.

These parts are NOT considered WORKABLE, but instead REPLACEABLE.

FRU's (Field Replaceable Units) as the acronym is used, refers to components that do NOT get fixed, but instead get replaced.

So there is NO NEED to know how to fix it......or take it apart, or what parts comprise the componenet, as it is not needed. The component gets replaced if determined faulty. So, if the component you speak of falls into this category, then your best luck will be to replace the whole component. Maybe a bottom assembly, or a drawer assempbly housing.

While i am trying to track down a technician manual (i used to work for IT supplier) it is possible that the very small pieces such as springs, levers, rollers, bearings, holders, slots, etc etc will NOT be shown.

.

But I will show you everythign that is available for that printer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm waiting

It may take some time to get the technician manuals, as i have to query other people, and wait for response, as the manuals are ONLY availbe to CURRENT technicians for HP, or DELL, or KONICA, or CANON, or etc etc.

Tech Manuals are guarded. These manuals take many many people and dollars to create, and they are not published to the public.

.

Not every printer has a tech manual, as some printers are in the dollar range that dictatees a FULL replacement OVER spending the time to take apart to fix. With that in mind, only the User Guides, and public documents are created. No tech manuals.

Is your printer fall into this category.....not sure yet.....might take some time.....hours.....to a couple days.

This looks like lower end consumer model printer, priced under or around $200 retail.

.

The odds are NOT good that a technician manual exists.

Business or Enterprise printers WILL have technician manuals.......but.....for whatever reason, they made tech manuals for some high end consumer models as well.......so its hit or miss.

Jay,

The Hp Photosmart D7100 SERIES of printers, do NOT have a technician Manual, as my contact has confirmed.

The only documents for this printer are located on the HP support site, located below, and User Guide located above

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c00687469

.

Please take a moment to rate my performance.

Thank you!