Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

I changed my phone # when i moved. I forgot lost my

Customer Question

I changed my phone # when i moved. I forgot lost my password. when i run the recover password ***** the 6 diget code is sent to the out of service phone #
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 3 months ago.

Hi Robert! What account are you attempting to recover a password *****?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

*****@******.*** gmail actct

You'll want to begin at the Google Account Recovery page:

Once there, input your email address to get started. When prompted to send a code to your old phone number, look for the link that says "I no longer have access to these." Google will then prompt you for answers to certain personal questions to validate your account, after which time one of three outcomes will occur:

1. Success - an e-mail will be sent to the provided contact address allowing you to reset the password.
  2. Failure - insufficient information has been provided to prove ownership. This may come an a message in the browser after you submit the form, or an e-mail to the provided contact address. The only option is to keep trying.
  3. Additional help offer - sometimes you may be presented an offer for some other type of account recovery support. Google often tests different recovery options so a new option may appear for a time and then vanish. Any offer is optional, so you may ignore it and continue to use the other provided options. The nature of any offers will vary so it's not possible to provide a specific example or document how it would work.

I hope that helps!

Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 2 months ago.

Hi Robert! It's been awhile since we chatted, so I wanted to check back with you and see if you had regained access to your Gmail account? Would you please let me know?

Thanks...I look forward to hearing from you!