Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

On the CDROM I get this message: Windows cannot start this

Customer Question

On the CDROM I get this message: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19). It seems that this happened after the Win 10 update and my CDROM drive no longer functions.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

When is the last time the drive was working?

Was this after a windows 10 install, or a windows 10 update with windows 10 already installed before?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Window 10 update

When was the last day that it worked?

What we can do instead of diving into your reg keys, is a put it back to a state BEFORE the update that gave you issues.

Even if you changed reg keys as you stated you tried with drivers as well, lets back it up to a date before that update. It

will restore reg keys and such.

Shut down the windows 10 computer, start it.. When it gets to the windows sign in screen, dont sign in.

Instead, left click the power button at the bottom right.

Then, hold down the shift key on your keyboard, and then click restart.

This should bring you to the blue screen menu.. Choose troubleshooting, advanced, and then choose system restore.

Once system restore loads, choose a restore point that was one day before this problem started and then carry out the system restore.

That should fix the issue, but if you get stuck or this doesnt work then please send a detailed reply and I will assist you further as needed.

Please ensure that you pick a restore point date BEFORE the day you had issues with the CD message came up.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Already looked there and there isn't any.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There isn't any restore points prior to the update.

Friendly reminder.

If you would like to have a more hands on support through Secure Remote Assistance, I will send you an offer and I will be able

to log in and perform the fix for you. We offer this as an easier solution for clients. It is 100% guaranteed

money back if we cannot resolve your issue.

If you would like to continue with written instructions, that is absolutely fine as well. Just click the reject when you see the

offer and we will continue immediately in this manner going forward.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
One I already paid you 40 dollars and you haven't told me anything that I didn't know. My thought is that you were tech support for Toshiba. I am not pleased with this answer and request a refund of the 40 dollars already spent for nothing.

It was a reminder, not a mandatory request. It is for customer convenience only.

But, if you would like a refund as opposed to troublehooting further, here is

the link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

~Franklin