Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My Asus X551CA will not take a full charge. It will blink

Customer Question

Hi, my Asus X551CA will not take a full charge. It will blink orange at about 92-95%, but does not go green (for a full charge)
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I'm running Windows 10
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I called Asus on Friday 7/15/16; I held down the power button for 30 seconds and then connected the power cord. Again, it went to blinking orange
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

how old is the laptop?

Did you ever notice when you bring down the mouse cursor on the battery icon it says something like 15 mins to full charge or something like that?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
1 year 1/2
Yes, sometimes it'll say, "10 minutes to full charge," but it'll be hours later and it'll say the same thing.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

Its basically 95% it does the charging correct?

Charging is basically controlled by the system bios however to identify the problem it could be the bios update which is required or the battery cell is bad which might need a replacement.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it seems it gets to 95% max.
I updated my payment info for remote assistance, and it says there's a payment error
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

I can remote connect and check further and then i can tell you is the battery needs a replacement or the bios needs an update.