Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support

I have an HP laptop computer and I wanted to go to Windows

Customer Question

I have an HP laptop computer and I wanted to go to Windows 10....In checking with
the e-mail saying your computer says my display is not compatable....can that
be adjusted????
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Windows 10 being a brand new Operating system has new minimum hardware requirements in order to support all the features and specifications of the new OS, so some older generation graphics cards are not able to be supported with Windows 10.

If you still choose to install Windows 10, graphics performance and display issues may occur due to using default Windows drivers that do not allow for full performance from the unsupported graphics card.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.