Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Outlook 2013 issues: I have 3 accounts set up, supposedly.

Customer Question

Outlook 2013 issues: I have 3 accounts set up, supposedly. One is gmail, is OK, which shows on the left side of the Home screen, as well as in the Account Information, when you go to the Files screen. Another account shows on left side of Home scren, but not on the Files screen. I.e. it's a ghost. And I can't correctly add it starting from scratch. Any ideas?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 6 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

It looks like an older data file (for the ghost account) is open in Outlook now, but the account itself has not been set up in the program.

May I connect remotely with you to troubleshoot the issue now?

Please reply back to me below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't like to do remote... Sorry. Can you give some instructions and I will go try this?
Expert:  Barun replied 6 months ago.

No problem; in that case, please do NOT accept any remote assistance offer if it shows up on this page at any time; it's sent out automatically by our site, and not by me. I'll reply back to you below now.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK, thanks!
Expert:  Barun replied 6 months ago.

Now, I assume three separate email folders show up in the left of Outlook, but only one of the accounts show up when you go to File > Account Settings?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Actually, I was able to delete the second one by Right clicking and selecting delete. The 3rd account doesn't allow that option, so it's actually 2 showing now.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Only gmail shows on the Account settings
Expert:  Barun replied 6 months ago.

OK; is one of the folders named "Personal Folders" and the other one named for your Gmail account?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
But 2 accounts show on the left side of the Home screen. But the second does not function correctly
Expert:  Barun replied 6 months ago.

Hmm, are both of the folders named as your Gmail account, or is one of the folders named "Personal Folders"?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No Personal folders listed; just [email protected] and todd@ abc
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I actually tried deleting Office, and re-installing, hoping to clear it all, but it was still there after reinstalling Office
Expert:  Barun replied 6 months ago.

Hmm, okay. Now, please go to File > Account Settings, and then click on the "Data Files" tab at the top. How many data files do you see listed there?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
File>Account Settings> I don't see "Data files" listed as a Tab. I see gmail as an account in the top box(?)
Expert:  Barun replied 6 months ago.

Yes, on that window, please check the very top - do you see different tabs like Email, Data Files, RSS Feeds, etc. listed?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, a different screen opened, I see Data Files, and 2 are listed
Expert:  Barun replied 6 months ago.

Hmm, okay. Are you able to delete the NON-DEFAULT (without a checkmark) data file from there?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I had to make the gmail the default, then I tried to delete the one not working, but it says I can't because files are copying, even 2 minutes later
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Still says Copying. Isn't there a way to delete the Outlook files totally?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I uninstalled Office ( and Outlook) but the same came back after reinstalling new Office...
Expert:  Barun replied 6 months ago.

Hmm, that's a common issue and related to an Outlook bug/glitch. Without knowing the exact location of the corrupt data file, it will be difficult for us to troubleshoot the issue on this page now. I can waive off the FULL remote fee for you since you are an existing customer with our site, and so the remote session will come at no extra charge and will allow me to troubleshoot quickly here.

If you are still uncomfortable with this, please let me know and I'll open up your question to our other experts who can assist further. Thanks!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can we settle for $25... I'll try to figure something else out?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Windows has had many problems for me...
Expert:  Barun replied 6 months ago.

Hmm, you will not need to pay anything for this question if you choose not to continue further; I'll just close out this question and request a full refund for you in that case. Alternatively, may I open up your question to our other experts who can take this further from here?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I guess I'll stop here
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the help though
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I cannot believe that the world uses Windows.
Expert:  Barun replied 6 months ago.

Okay, I'll close out this question for you now. Thank you anyway.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Gates was able to pull off the biggest scam in history. And is now involved in world political issues.