Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I believed that my Incoming emails from paypal are being

Customer Question

I believed that my Incoming emails from paypal are being aliased. On the phone with paypal, they have sent several emails that were not received. I have lost 3.5 thousand dollars to date from fraud activity.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Good morning Albert. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. I am terribly sorry to hear that. I have several recommendations for you. First, your computer should be scanned thoroughly for any virus, spyware, malware, backdoor trojan, or rootkit, which could be giving hackers a way into your system. Secondly, you should change ALL passwords for Paypal, all email accounts, and any online banking system that you may use. while only Paypal can help you get your money back, I can help you to keep this from happening again.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

I'll need to ask a few questions in order to best help you. What Operating System do you have on your computer?

If you're not sure, you should be able to use one of these links to find out.

For Windows

Can you click this link and tell me what you see please?

From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X

Once I know what your operating system is, I can provide detailed instructions for downloading and using the specific tools that you will need in order to thoroughly clean and protect your system.

If you'd like, I can perform these steps for you while you watch via the Premium Service of Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.