Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

I added word perfect to my windows10 computer; now I cannot

Customer Question

I added word perfect to my windows10 computer; now I cannot get to my home page when I turn on computer
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?
Customer: Lenovo 7
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. it just happened after I downloaded wordperfect program, turned off and turned on later.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 6 months ago.

Hi, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

Shut down the windows 10 computer, start it.. When it gets to the windows sign in screen, dont sign in.

Instead, left click the power button at the bottom right.

Then, hold down the shift key on your keyboard, and then click restart.

This should bring you to the blue screen menu.. Choose troubleshooting, advanced, and then choose system restore.

Once system restore loads, choose a restore point that was one day before this problem started and then carry out the system restore.

That should fix the issue, but if you get stuck or this doesnt work then please send a detailed reply and I will assist you further as needed.

We are going to try to restore to an earlier point, before we try and tackle what wordperfect did if possible.

Also, before you restore, lets make sure they are not 'hiding'.

First, right click anywhere on the screen when after you sign in. Select or highlight view, then make sure show desktop icons

is enabled/checked. If it does not show your desktop, your download may have been 'blocked' or did not go through correctly.

If this doesn't resolve it, please follow the restore process and we will download again after.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin