Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I made 2 mistakes. 1. didn't backup computer with an outside

Customer Question

I made 2 mistakes. 1. didn't backup computer with an outside source. 2. Loaded something I shouldn't. Easypdfcombine and MyWay have highjacked my computer. My laptop thinks Firefox is still being used but I have tabs with EasyPDFCombine and MyWay sitting there. Don't have a clue what they may be doing.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

can you explain the problem a bit more in detail.

EasyPDFCombine and MyWay are spywares and did it hijack your browser?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My son-in-law shuts off my internet in 15 min. Won't be back on until 9:00 am EST Every time I go on the internet EasyPDFcombine loads and then sits on tabs. I can use Firefox at this point.
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Turn the computer on as it turn on and you see display on the screen immediately press the F8 for few times it will open windows advance menu use the arrow key to select safe mode with networking and hit enter.

load windows and once you are in let me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

If you need remote assistance once you have followed the steps i gave then i can fix it for you using secure remote assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I missed the steps and when I found them my computer has updates to install.
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

dont run the updates now shut it down and then try the safe mode part.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Windows 10 updates start just before shutdown and I cannot stop or delay them. Using the F8 key doesn't put my laptop in safe mode. I got instructions from PC World and put my laptop in Safe mode and safe mode with networking. Windows 10 requires an administrator other than the built in one. I have no other account. I have a tablet that I can use for instructions.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I cannot afford $69.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
With the current info I have given you, do you have any suggestions that are covered by my $30?
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

not a problem you dont have to opt for the additional remote assistance service as its not required right now to upgrade the pc. Force shut down the computer by holding down the power button for 30 seconds and then wait for 2 mins and then power on the computer and follow the steps i gave.

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Click on the remote link and as it opens the page scroll down and click on the green button "I Agree" download and run Secure Remote Assistance
Allow it to install and let it be opened. I will be able to connect then.