Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My Acer L3600 will start up at all problem start when a disc

Customer Question

Hi my Acer L3600 will start up at all problem start when a disc (game) was inserted and would not play then PC Crashed, I had to turn it off completely at the socket and now won't start up the disc is still inside as well any ideas on how to have issues resolved ?
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Computer Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: Ok just to let you know it's a 2007 model, I have tried switch off fully at wall again and switch on to no avail. Also memory was nearly full. I use an external hard drive to save photos videos of kids and music. Use Norton and there is no bugs on the system etc.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Just since yesterday
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None as the PC unit will not switch on at all the on button will not light up at all either.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks much appreciated
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

The issues you are describing are indicative of either a ram failure, or a power supply failure. What I would do first is open the machine and remove both of the ram chips.. Then press and hold power for 30 seconds and then insert one ram chip.. Then, try to turn it on.

If that doesnt work, remove the first ram chip, insert the second, and then try to turn it on. If it still wont blink or show any signs of life, then its more likely your power supply that needs to be replaced. Here is a video that will help you open the machine and remove the ram.

https://youtu.be/7bwinkvTq7I

Let me know if the ram swap helps, or if the issue persists.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I see you viewed my response but never messaged me in return. Did you still need help with this issue?

Please response so I can help you further, or so we can close out this question. Thank you.

Dustin S.