Breland
Breland, Sr. IT Administrator
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Professional
91054880

My computer may have been compromised. I keep getting

Customer Question

My computer may have been compromised. I keep getting messages from Nan Info Sec
wanting to eliminate a virus or malware. Is this company supported by Microsoft?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Breland replied 4 months ago.

Hello Sylvia
My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you.

You say the company is named Nan Info Sec? This is not a familiar name.
Could you please tell me what the messages are saying?

Thanks!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They're saying my computer is compromised and I should close it down immediately and call them. They claim they do work on Microsoft on my computer.
Expert:  Breland replied 4 months ago.

That is a scam. They are not associated with Microsoft. Please do not call them or allow them control of your computer or they will compromise it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's what I was afraid of.
Expert:  Breland replied 4 months ago.

What is the number they give you to call?

Expert:  Breland replied 4 months ago.

To ensure that there is not viruses or malware on your computer already, please go to ESET's site and use their free, online scanner. It is located here: http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/

Expert:  Breland replied 4 months ago.

ESET is a reputable anti-virus company and their online scanner is the best, ***** ***** I've used in years. Just follow the link and click "Scan Now". It will want to install an applet and update the definitions then it will run.

I advise using this scanner once or twice a month to keep your computer free of malware.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm trying to find out what it will cost to fix my computer. Does the $39 cover that or not?
Expert:  Breland replied 4 months ago.

What issue are you having with your computer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for the information.
Expert:  Breland replied 4 months ago.

You are welcome. If I have been helpful, please kindly rate my service. Otherwise, if you are having further issues with your computer I would be happy to assist and we can roll it under the $39. Depending on the magnitude of the issue(s).