Breland
Breland, Sr. IT Administrator
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Professional
91054880

I'm having MAJOR problems with my email account. My phone is

Customer Question

Hi. I'm having MAJOR problems with my email account. My name is Tom ******. My phone is *************** My email is ******************* My former password ***** ************ I haven't been able to send or receive email for 2 weeks now. I presumably properly reset my password, but I can't access my account. I am currently on my work, but I can't connect with Hotmail. Can I give you my (presumably) new password? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Category: Computer
Expert:  Breland replied 4 months ago.

Hello Tom,

My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today.

Are you using Microsoft Outlook or simply trying to access your email account from the website?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I use Microsoft Outlook on my home computer. The computer is currently not connected.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm at work. I can't go home to connect it, or it would not be convenient to do so.
Can't the email account be repaired on your end?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Breland replied 4 months ago.

Ok, thank you. I have seen this issue before with Outlook and it sounds like the same cause.

I do not believe the email account itself is the issue. What seems to be the case is your Outlook is not connecting to the server. I'm very confident this is the issue.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think you need to explain this better. Then why can't I connect with hotmail right now on my work computer?
Expert:  Breland replied 4 months ago.

I would need access to the machine in question so I can troubleshoot it. I understand you are not at a place to connect the computer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I don't want to do anything remote. I will stick with a live person.
Can you answer the question why I can't access my account from my work computer?
Expert:  Breland replied 4 months ago.

That issue could be caused by the fact that the password ***** you attempted could be in limbo if there was not a proper connection to the server at the time of attempting to change the password.

I assume you've attempted both old and new passwords for your account?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You can assume I'm extremely frustrated with this situation.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
are you suggesting I go home, connect my computer, and go through this whole process again?
Expert:  Breland replied 4 months ago.

I can understand your frustration and I'm happy to assist in resolving the issue.

In an attempt to reset your email password, it would like to send the security code to a phone number ending in "59". Do you still have this number?

Expert:  Breland replied 4 months ago.

I believe this may be a two-part issue. We can start by getting you access to your email via the web browser.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I did re-set the password. Is it currently ***************?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
if so, why can't I get on hotmail from my work computer?
Expert:  Breland replied 4 months ago.

That is what I am investigating at the moment.

Expert:  Breland replied 4 months ago.

I am currently able to log into your email account with the latest password. Now that we know that works, let's not change it for the time being.

Now, when you go to MSN.com and attempt to log in, do you receive an error message? How far are you able to get?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just a moment. I'll try to get in.
Expert:  Breland replied 4 months ago.

No problem, take your time. Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay, I got in on my work computer, but I am not 100% satisfied until I see that I can get in on my home computer.
I won't be able to get home until about 4:00 p.m. I won't verify all is well until I KNOW that my home email is live again.
Can I re-connect with you later, or have you call me, or whatever? Please advise.
Expert:  Breland replied 4 months ago.

Great! I'm glad to hear you can access your email again.

Yes, I will leave this ticket open. You should have received emails in regards ***** ***** issue. They will contain a link back to this ticket and you can resume our conversation at anytime.

Thanks, ***** ***** a good rest of the day.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What email? Hotmail? Again, I won't pay until I know my home system email is working properly
Expert:  Breland replied 4 months ago.

I understand and I wouldn't expect anything less. Satisfaction is guaranteed.

Yes, your Hotmail account contains emails regarding this issue.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay - again I do NOT expect to be charged until I know my account at home works.Tom
thanks if this works.
Expert:  Breland replied 4 months ago.

You will not be charged unless you are satisfied.

Thanks, Tom.

Expert:  Breland replied 4 months ago.

Also, please be advised that the issue at home may not be a simple password *****
If that is the case, I will be happy to resolve the issue at home for you. We can do a remote session and I can fix the issue firsthand if you would like.

Expert:  Breland replied 4 months ago.

Hello Tom,

I just wanted to check and see if your email at home is working now or do you need further assistance? If you are satisfied with the resolution, please kindly rate my service. That would be very helpful. Thank you and have a great day!

Breland