Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I updated an obsolete program update over a newer version so

Customer Question

I updated an obsolete program update over a newer version so it wouldn't work. I then tried to system to a date before the mistake. I have Windows 8 and now can't get past thwe welcome login? Is there anything I can do?
JA: Problems logging in, huh? It happens to all of us! Fortunately, the wizards we work with know tech inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with one right away. What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I system restored prior to the problem with the login issue.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

What exactly happens when you try to sign into windows? Are you getting a specific error?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I get the welcome log in and I put my password in and it just has the movable circle like its thinking, but nothing else.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thanks

Can you remove the power cable then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the power cable, power on the computer and tell me if you can then sign in please