Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have an Lenovo yoga 500. It very suddenly crashed and said

Customer Question

Hi i have an Lenovo yoga 500. It very suddenly crashed and said I had to restart the computer. Now a simple menu comes comes up only, as follows:
Boot Menu
1. Windows Boot Manager
2. ATA HDD: DISK
3. PCI LAN: EFI Network (IPv4)
4. PCI LAN: EFI Network (IPv6)
Nothing happens when any of the options are selected. If I hold the esc key a copyright comes up that says system BIOS shadowed and VIDEO BIOS shadowed. That it, I can't get anything else, please advise.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

HI there and welcome

I wont waste your time but your hard disk failed. You would choose option 2, thats all you can as then it boots from your hard disk.

When it starts, it would already do this automatically, but as its not detecting it, it takes you to this menu, and as you see, trying to force it to load the hard disk (option 2) it will not load it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the computer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you