Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Having trouble with outlook, outlook 2010, when i open

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: having trouble with outlook
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: outlook 2010
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: when i open outlook its work after 1 min it will show outliik hasbeen stopped working
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please the version of windows you have?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
outlook stopped working
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
windows 7
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
outlook 2010
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator.

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then test if it is working

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
when i start outlook after load everything in outlook it will showing stopped working
even if i open safe mode also same issue
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** do the instructions I gave you and tell me results please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

thanks