Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I have a Inspiron Dell lap top that when I turn on will not

Customer Question

I have a Inspiron Dell lap top that when I turn on will not show(or light-up) the screen unless it is plugged in. Example - If It is plugged-in all works well, but if is not plugged-in, then the screen is so faded or darken that I can not see anything. If I try very hard I can make out the log-in box, but so faint that it is near imposible to read.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Hi!

When you say "plugged in", do you mean plugged into a wall charger?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Would I be able to connect to that computer so I can look at the current settings and fix it for you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

I have sent the request for Secure Remote Assistance as requested by you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have already been charged 40 just for asking the question.
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

I understand.

Remote Services is an additional charge where I am able to fix the issue for you while you watch from your computer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There are free services that allow access remotely. Why the extra charge?
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

There are free programs that allow remote access but that does not include someone to fix the issue through remote.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This settings repair should not cost 90 dollars!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If it is fixed I will except ( I have no choice, I'm already 40 in), but in the end if it is not fixed or if I get a response that it is a hardware problem, then Will I still have to pay a total of 90 dollars and still have this issue?
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Remote services is not required. I sent in the request to you when you requested it.

Try this when the laptop is not plugged in:

Look on your keyboard and you will see the icons on your F1/F2 or other keys. Press the FN key and the F1 or F2 or whatever key is designed for brightness on your laptop to adjust. You may have to press the keys multiple times. I am attaching an image so you can see the key icons.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That I have already done a few times in the past.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It did not work then and it did not work now
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately, I do not know what you have tried unless you mention it.

If I connect to your computer and do not fix the issue then it is under the 100% guarantee for our company.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Again! at this point I will except the additional 49.99, but only if it is fixed. What exactly is the 100% guarantee. Does this mean I get charged anyway and have no refund? Or something of this nature!
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

No, the 100% guarantee means that if it is not fixed, you will not be charged for the repair.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Lets proceed then - send me the link again or what ever I need the get this started.
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

I have sent the offer again

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am having connection (Internet) problems here at work, I will try to continue with this at home tonight. Talk to you then.thank you....HZ
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Okay thank you.

Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.