Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

Dear Pearl, 3 days, I was downloadig the firmware in my

Customer Question

hi dear Pearl
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 3 days
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I was downloadig the firmware in my epson L555
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: and stop
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: and is showing in the little window:RECOVERY MODE
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Can you please describe your problem, with little more detailed information .

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hi,I was downloading firmware for my epson printer L555 and stop,in the little window shows RECOVERY MODE and that it can turn off
I try on and off nothing happen
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
there is anything that can you do for me ti fix it?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** use an USB cable connect the printer with the PC ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Please try to update the firmware once more and let me know, what happens ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
do I have to pay another 39 after the one I just paid if I use Remote Assistance?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Yes, remote assistance is an additional service, so the fee is also extra for that. But, as you seem to be a subscriber the charge will be deducted from the monthly charge and no extra charge will be deducted from your card.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how do I update the firmware from where? my printer is not installed in my pc
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Then, how did you tried to update the firmware earlier ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
when was connected,after that the problem begin
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Do you mean when the power cord was connected ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
any way thanks a lot for all your help,seems like I have to expend more money to fix it,that to have mi printer working,have a nice day Mr. Sudipto bye.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

If you are not ready to give the information, which is needed to solve the problem then, it is not possible to solve the problem, actually, you are not understanding that this is a not a shop and I cannot see your printer. I have to work on your problem completely based on the information you will provide.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 months ago.

if the printer died in the middle of a firmware update, you know have a large paper weight.

to get the firmware updated again you need a working version of the firmware on the printer which of course you no longer have.

Usually printer companies are pretty good at getting it fixed for you if you tell them that their own firmware update ruined it. That makes them liable. You might have to ask for supervisors and be very insistent that it is THEIR responsibility if their own update ruined the printer. But usually you can at least get a credit toward a new epson if not this one repaired or replaced. You can call them at 1(###) ###-####/p>