Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry

My yahoo account, *******........i forgot my password and I

Customer Question

hi, my yahoo account, *******........i forgot my password ***** I also changed my mobile number how am I suppose to get back in it? like wtf?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: just today
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it said to complete my number and it was gonna send me like a verification code or something but I changed my number
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please how long ago you changed the phone number?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't really remember but it was about 2 months ago
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

ok, do you remember what your phone number was?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it was(###) ###-####but now it is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

ok, can you please call it and speak to the person if someone has already been allocated the number.

Explain to them the situation about your email, and if they would be willing to give you the code.

Then with them on the phone, go through the password ***** procedure and get the code from them and enter it in.

Once done, you can update the password ***** set a new phone number.

Is this something you can do?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No I have tried to but it did not ring it said this numbe is no longer available
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

ok, then I wont waste your time as Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password.

It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Yahoo being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Yahoo states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year yahoo has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not yahoo, their policies, or the situation itself.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well that was a waste of my freaking money
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

ok... well I am sorry you felt that about my service. If you look at the positive side you now know clearly the situation your in and do not need to waste anymore time trying to regain access.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

sure, all the best

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am rating this a bad service btw since I couldn't even get my account back like wtf
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

thats up to you, disappointing, as you need to be sensible and realistic about the situation, but you can rate as you wish of course

But not how people should be treated

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well Idc
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.